Although the general concepts and theories for prosecuting or defending a criminal case are the same, criminal procedure in federal court is significantly different than in state court. There are different rules on case progression, different rules regarding pretrial release and more restrictive guidelines for criminal sentencing.
Every state has both state courts and their [...]Continue Reading →
There are three offices in Omaha that prosecute crimes: (1) The Omaha City Prosecutor’s Office; (2) The Douglas County Attorney’s Office and (3) The U.S. Attorney’s Office. The Omaha City Prosecutor’s Office handles prosecution of all misdemeanor offenses that are committed in Omaha or Douglas County (i.e. DUI’s, misdemeanor assaults, traffic offenses, etc.). The Douglas [...]Continue Reading →
- Officers Need Warrant for Canine Search
- What happens if I am injured in a car accident by an unlicensed driver?
- Can I Choose Where I Have My Back Surgery?
- How to Cancel a Warrant in Omaha, Nebraska
- I was injured in a car accident – Will my health insurance pay my medical bills? Should my health insurance pay my bills?
- Car Accident – Injured by Driver Who is Not the Owner
- Diversion and Job Applications
- What is a Contingency Fee or a Contingent Attorney’s Fee?
- Back Injuries from Car Accidents
- How much jail time will I get?
- Are there court proceedings in a personal injury (PI) claim?
- What if I am in a car accident, but I do not have insurance?
- Do I need a doctor to prove a personal injury claim?
- What is the difference between a DUI and a DWI in Nebraska?
- What is my case worth?
Tagsaccident Accident Injury ALR arrest attorney Auto back injury back strain Blog car accident citation civil claim criminal Criminal Defense Criminal Defense Attorney Criminal Defense Lawyer criminal law criminal procedure diversion DMV Driving Under the Influence DUI felony guilty plea injury injury claim Insurance insurance claim interrogation Lawyer medical bills misdemeanor motion to suppress neck strain no contest Omaha attorney Omaha lawyer Personal Injury Personal Injury Attorney Personal Injury Lawyer soft tissue subrogation tort reform trial
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (8)
- June 2012 (3)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (5)
- July 2011 (5)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (3)
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (2)
- August 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (1)
- December 2009 (2)
- November 2009 (2)
- October 2009 (2)