STOP Class. Pretty much everyone has heard of STOP class. You take it if you receive a traffic ticket and are eligible, and completion of the class keeps the ticket off of your driving record. STOP class is a good idea when available because not only does it end up in dismissal of your ticket, [...]Continue Reading →
1) Q - What should I do if I am injured in a car accident? A – Go to a doctor. If you sustained serious injuries in an accident, the first thing you need to do is get checked out by a licensed physician to make sure you are okay.
2) Q – Who will [...]Continue Reading →
We have discussed medical release forms before, but this is a topic that comes up over and over again when discussing accident injury cases. Because of current privacy laws protecting personal medical information, medical record release forms must be signed before a treatment provider will release records and/or billing statements to an insurance company or [...]Continue Reading →
Typically, in Nebraska you have four years from the time of your accident to pursue your injury claim. This time period can be significantly less, however, if the person who caused the accident is some type of government employee and was on duty at the time of the accident. For example, if your car accident [...]Continue Reading →
Many questions arise after being injured in a car accident or any other type of personal injury accident, such as: do I need a personal injury lawyer, why do I need an attorney/lawyer, which personal injury attorney should I hire, who is going to cover my medical bills, will my health insurance cover bills for [...]Continue Reading →
Often times law enforcement will resort to various types of trickery when fighting crime. One such tactic is the use of ruse checkpoints along interstates and highways. The way the checkpoints work is police or state patrol officers place signs stating there is a drug checkpoint coming up down the road. Typically, the signs are set up so that [...]Continue Reading →
1. Injured in Car Accident
Begin Medical Treatment
2. Opening of personal injury claims
Typically, the first procedural thing that will take place after you have been injured in a car accident, is that the attorney or law firm representing you will open claims with the various insurance companies that may provide coverage. This [...]Continue Reading →
Recently, the Nebraska Supreme Court found a provision commonly included by insurance carriers in policies providing underinsured motorist coverage to be void as against public policy. The Court decided in Kline v. Farmers Ins. Exch., 277 Neb. 874 (2009) that insurance policy provisions denying coverage where a person is injured in a vehicle [...]Continue Reading →
- Officers Need Warrant for Canine Search
- What happens if I am injured in a car accident by an unlicensed driver?
- Can I Choose Where I Have My Back Surgery?
- How to Cancel a Warrant in Omaha, Nebraska
- I was injured in a car accident – Will my health insurance pay my medical bills? Should my health insurance pay my bills?
- Car Accident – Injured by Driver Who is Not the Owner
- Diversion and Job Applications
- What is a Contingency Fee or a Contingent Attorney’s Fee?
- Back Injuries from Car Accidents
- How much jail time will I get?
- Are there court proceedings in a personal injury (PI) claim?
- What if I am in a car accident, but I do not have insurance?
- Do I need a doctor to prove a personal injury claim?
- What is the difference between a DUI and a DWI in Nebraska?
- What is my case worth?
Tagsaccident Accident Injury ALR arrest attorney Auto back injury back strain Blog car accident citation civil claim criminal Criminal Defense Criminal Defense Attorney Criminal Defense Lawyer criminal law criminal procedure diversion DMV Driving Under the Influence DUI felony guilty plea injury injury claim Insurance insurance claim interrogation Lawyer medical bills misdemeanor motion to suppress neck strain no contest Omaha attorney Omaha lawyer Personal Injury Personal Injury Attorney Personal Injury Lawyer soft tissue subrogation tort reform trial
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (8)
- June 2012 (3)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (5)
- July 2011 (5)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (3)
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (2)
- August 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (1)
- December 2009 (2)
- November 2009 (2)
- October 2009 (2)